Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another 5 for Lindsay!

Ok Lindsay. This is getting out of hand. This is the third time you have sponsored me running I have run for you. I've dealt with one of the hottest Boston Marathons, minimal sleep, and today, some gross misty/raining/chilly/windy weather. And as far as I can tell, you have no income, and are just conning your parents, aunts, and uncles into making me do this in your name.
"All right, Aunt Natalie. You caught me. I've been manipulating everyone into making you run"
It's cool Lindsay, anything for you. Especially since you've been such an asset for this fundraising adventure! Latest victim of cuteness leading to charity - Aunt Meg.

Today I went out and ran 5 miles for you in some very ugly weather. I was going to rest today, but my options for today were:
1. getting ready for finals
2. writing a paper
3. working on a presentation
What I would have actually done while "working"
And this is what I would have resorted to
Also people have been getting super generous (thanks everyone!!!), so I have a lot of running and blogging to get done in about 2 and a half weeks. Feel free to keep giving though! If I can't get it all done before I go, you know I'm good for it when I get back! And maybe even while I'm there - although the blogging will be tricky with the no internet/no electricity situation I may be jumping into...

So despite the gross misty situation going on outside, that seemed to be the most appealing activity.

I did a nice 5 miles (ok I did 8...), through the mistiness of Cambridge, and cut through some of Harvard's campus in the hopes of being inspired by the smart people there. Hopefully this will pay off when I get to work on this paper...

I listened to some sweet music, like "Hey Good Lookin'" by Jimmy Buffett (with Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith and George Strait), because I'm still on a bit of a country kick from this past weekend. And listening to Buffett makes it easier to pretend it's nice out! So let's pretend I ran through this:
I'm like a beautiful gazelle
I also listened to a Stuff You Should Know podcast about Braille, which was super fascinating. Learning is fun! Wow, I am a nerd.

So thank you Lindsay, for some more amazing miles. And thank you to one of her many awesome aunts, Meg, who was been conned into this by her cuteness. I don't get to see her very often, but when I do it is always a pleasure - Lindsay has one awesome Godmother! And a little bird (or my mother) told me that Lindsay also has a cousin on the way - congrats! I hope you don't mind me announcing that to my millions of readers... You're gonna be an awesome mom!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment