Saturday, May 12, 2012

1.2 for Jamie, pt. 1

Jamie had a very specific request for her 1.2 miles - the last 1.2 miles of a Marathon in Nairobi. This, or potentially the half marathon, may or may not be feasible while I'm there, but fingers crossed!

They've been telling me that I can run while I'm there, so worst case, Jamie will be getting her miles while I'm in Africa, even if it is just around the village. I've also been told that kids will follow me, which I really hope happens. I'd much prefer turning around to see this:

YAY KIDS!
And not so much to see this:
Oh no charging rhino!

As a fellow runner, I think Jamie can agree that would agree. I'd probably run faster from a rhino, but the kids would be more enjoyable...

So just in case the worst possible thing happens in the history of the world and I have to go for 10 weeks without logging so much as 1.2 miles, I ran them for her yesterday. It was also my last day with Back on My Feet. So it was a great run, but a little sad. After that, I loaded up the car, and met up with Jamie and 2 other girls from the MPH program for a brunch, which was lovely! But again, a little sad, because I won't be seeing them until August or September.

So I'm leaving this post short because 1. I have to head out, and 2. part 2 is going to be SO MUCH BETTER because I'll get to write about running in Africa :)

-Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment