Friday, May 11, 2012

Trogdor Runs in the NIIIGGGHHHTTTT!

I didn't run 10 miles for Bill and Phyllis yesterday... Trogdor did.


Of course, Bill and Phyllis had an absurd request for my run. I wouldn't expect anything less from them. They have certainly seen me at my finest in the past few years. For example, I gargolyed the keg at Phyllis's birthday party, which they photographed, blew up, and gave to me as a gift at my college graduation party a few weeks later. I think this sealed the deal that I am their favorite Kratz kid. Sorry, sibs. You'll just have to throw your shame out the window if you want to compete.

On another occasion when I was in town for a weekend, Bill came out with my dad, sister, and me. We bonded over great things like Francois and Trogdor the Burninator. A few weeks later, he bought both me and my sister the t-shirt. So this brings me to the run. First, on the fundraising site, I was told to do 10 miles in the Trogdor shirt. Kind of embarrassing, but doable. But then, I received the following post on my facebook wall:

OK so for my 10 miles...
1. Wear your TROGDOR shirt!
2. At the end of each and every mile yell one of the following:
a. TROGDOR the BURNINATOR!!!!
b. BURNINATING the countryside!!!
c. BURNINATING the PEASANTS
d. BURNINATING the thatched roof COTTAGES!!!
repeat a - d
then for miles 9 & 10:
TROGDOR comes in the NIGHT!!!
Make sure there are people around. ;)))
Yup. That happened. So first, the outfit itself was absurd, because the shirt is HUGE on me.
My socks didn't even match...
 So I got a few weird looks while I was running. One girl was hard-core judging.
Seriously, I got this look.
But one guy loved it, and gave me a thumbs up!
It wasn't this creepy though.
As for the yelling... Well, I took a route that wasn't very crowded, but I did make sure at least one person was within hearing distance. And it's not my fault they were old and had hearing loss or maybe they were wearing an iPod or maybe mowing the lawn... There were even two instances when I yelled it twice, because the first time there were only people driving by and I figured that didn't count. It also isn't my fault that I couldn't yell very loud, because I was running, and that simply is not possible.

The highlight, however, was my excellent timing. I ran right by Medford High School... as the kids were getting out. I think I taught them the value of higher education. That's right kiddos. Go to grad school and you too can resort to public humiliation to fund your trip to Africa. Bill and Phyllis, I hope you are happy. Now all of these kids will probably drop out of high school to avoid following in my footsteps.
At least I didn't have to wear this - DO NOT GET ANY IDEAS PEOPLE!

But seriously, thank you Bill and Phyllis for the donation, and one of my most interesting runs yet. It actually was pretty fun! Hopefully everyone who saw me will forget about it by the time I go back to Boston in August...

AND TROGDOR COMES IN THE NIIIIIIGHT!!!

1 comment:

  1. At least you didn't have to run the whole thing yelling "Homestaaaaaarrrrrr is running!" and swallow a bug. Then the good times would really be over.

    ReplyDelete