Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Miles at Peace Valley Park for Tim

I know, I'm blowing up the newsfeed with all of these blogs - but I need to get these done before I head out on Friday! And, in the words of Weezer "If you don't like it, you can shove it. But you don't like it. You love it."

Today, I ran 10 miles for Tim, in exchange for borrowing his sweeeeeet backpack! Seriously, Tim you are a LIFESAVER. I'm flying into Dar es Salaam, but then have to take an 8 hour bus to Arusha, and then I guess we'll be taking a bus to the village we'll be living in from there. There will probably be quite a bit of walking involved too, so it was highly recommended that we use hiking backpacks. So this is awesome!
What a beauty!
Running at home can be pretty frustrating, because everything I thought was really far away when I was younger is apparently quite close. Also, shoulders are small and people don't look for runners and there are few streetlights, so I have to choose routes carefully. Instead of zig-zagging my way through Telford and Souderton again, I took my dad's suggestion and went to Peace Valley Park. I still had to do two loops to hit at least 10 miles, since it's about a 6 mile loop. So Tim got an extra 3.1 miles. It was kind of rainy off and on, but it was still a beautiful course.

Such an upgrade from the Minute Man path!
Knowing that Tim is a big fan of the Beatles, I listened to "All Together Now" and "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da." This was all the Beatles that I had on my iPhone, so I also listened to "Be My Yoko Ono" by Barenaked Ladies... I figured that counts for something. And Tim would probably hate this song, because he's not a tween in adult's clothing (let's be serious I wear tween clothing...), but I also listened to "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen 3 times. I'm not even ashamed. Instead of linking to the real video... here's a nice video of the Harvard baseball team dancing to it.


So thank you thank you Tim, for a great run and for lending me your backpack! I'll be sure not to bring back any weird bugs in it or anything. And hopefully I can return it to you in person if we both end up in Vermont on the same weekend this fall again!

Natalie

P.S. I'll run another 10 if someone wants to pack that bad boy for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment