Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Listening to the Boss for Nancy!

When I think of Nancy, I think of two things. The first is safety. Nancy is a pretty cautious person, and when she donated, my mom told me I had to run her 5 miles in a safe area. In all fairness, I generally run in safe areas, although not always in the safest ways. Once while running I got bitten by a dog and almost hit by a truck within about 2 minutes. I need to pay better attention to traffic or else I'll end up like Regina George in Mean Girls.
Spoiler alert - she survives and becomes nice
So I told Nancy that if she hadn't donated so much, I would do her run on an indoor track, but 5 miles is pretty painful on a 1/7 of a mile (seriously? who designed that?) oval.

Yeah I could do this for about 45 minutes without barfing for sure...
I also hate treadmills, especially in the weather, and couldn't bear to do that either. The other thing, or rather person, that Nancy makes me think of is the man, the myth, the legend, the Boss. Yup. Bruce Springsteen.

Straight up dreamboat
So I also told her that while I would be doing her miles outdoors, I would be sure to listen to Bruce for it. And then she responded with an amazing message.
"I'm cool with you kicking back and listening to Bruce without the running. You need to conserve your energy for all the work you will doing this summer.  Stay safe and have a great time!"
So you know what I did Tuesday while working on my paper? Put on the Bruce playlist on youtube and rocked out to some great jams, like my personal favorite, "Rosalita."



Unfortunately, I am missing out on going to Jersey this year, but I guess that's okay, since I've been there about a million times, and this will be my first time going to Africa.

While listening to this amazing music, particularly "Born to Run," a typical running song for me, I started getting fed up with my paper. So I did what any normal person would do in that situation and put on my shoes and went for a run. So look at that, Nancy! You got your 5 miles anyway. And I looked both ways and crossed at crosswalks (most of the time) and watched out for cars and dogs and everything!

So thanks for the donation and the great music, Nancy! And I very much appreciate your offer to just rest. But it looks like I'm a tramp, just like the Boss, and was born to run!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment